This winter I was given two cedar chests. Both needed work but one was worse than the other. One chest is a lane, while the other is a no name chest. The no name chest has some charm but the top veneer and is peeling beyond repair and is gouged. I have been thinking about what to do with it, I decided this week that I am going to make a mosaic top and attach it to the cedar lid. This afternoon I removed the top from the hinges and checked it over to make sure it can support the reclaimed mosaic panel. The lid surface measures 3′ 10″ X 1′ 7″, this will be the largest surface area I have attempted to cover. I will be adding ribs to the under side of the lid to accommodate the extra weight. I hope to have something mocked up by the first week of August. The other chest I wll restore. Someone partially sanded the top so it needs a bit of love too. It just a few rounds of sand paper and a nice lacquer.